Functional Job Analysis Defined
The Functional Job Analysis (FJA) forms the platform for the pre-work screening process. It specifically identifies the physical and functional aspects of each job. A licensed physical therapist will complete an onsite analysis to identify and document the objective job(s) measures that will be used to construct the pre-work screen(s). Suggestions and feedback from your company’s management and current employees help to perfect each pre-work screen or job simulation.
What else can a Functional Job Analysis be used for?
Additional benefits of TheraPro’s Functional Job Analysis include:
- Establishes the criteria used to document a Functional Job Description (FJD) – this is what a company uses in its policy and procedure manual to describe each individual job position found within the company
- Functional Job Descriptions are compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Identification of issues for ergonomic intervention
- Injury prevention education program development
- Identifying the need for education, fitness, and conditioning programs
- Definition of factors amenable to work redesign
- Development of job rotation, modified duty, or transitional work programs
- Written support of essentials functions that can be used in:
- Prework Screening
- Performance Evaluation
- Functional Job Descriptions (FJD) compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Certified through WorkWell Systems – considered the nation standard for PWS, FJA, and FCE’s.